30% - 70%

When you place a long trade you are positing about the direction of the market, mainly that it will go up. You do not place a long trade when you think the market is going to go down. You have to be right about the direction to make money. Even if you place a bet on both sides you have to put more money on the correct side to net a gain.

more leverage my friend not necessarily more money ;)

if you can nail 60% of your trades and have the ability to be nimble enough once in the trade you can make serious money especially if you take at least one trade per day.

Of course there will be many making over 70% but in my humble opinion their are mostly amateurs believing donkeys will fly or charlatans.

so its impossible to crack a 70% win rate ? ......damn what am I doing wrong ? :LOL:

so its impossible to crack a 70% win rate ? ......damn what am I doing wrong ? :LOL:

Over the long haul it is - bet you haven't managed it over all the 15 years with your strength meters :)

@barjon

Maybe you should figure out what you are doing that prevents you from achieving a 70+% win ratio instead of telling others that they cannot do it.

I made about 38 equity trades this month. All of them netted at least a 1% return. :p

quote-everyone-knew-it-was-impossible-until-a-fool-who-didn-t-know-came-along-and-did-it-albert-einstein-142-48-99.jpg

Win rate is meaningless , you are not paid by your win rate . Here is a 96% win rate system :

Attachments

• 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 229
90% win rate forex system but apparently cant make a dime :

Attachments

• 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 239
82% win rate system but lost it all !

Attachments

• 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 253
@barjon

Maybe you should figure out what you are doing that prevents you from achieving a 70+% win ratio instead of telling others that they cannot do it.

I made about 38 equity trades this month. All of them netted at least a 1% return. :p

Perhaps I should have said "unlikely". Who said I cant't achieve 70%?

Keep up the good work with your 100% equities and tot up the %age when you've been trading for some 30+ years as I have. Then you can let me know, but I expect you'll need a good medium since I'll be long gone :p

ok.......lets talk serious again......

lets say we make one trade a day and we close the trade at the end of day, we make 5 trades in a week and we risk 2% per trade.....

3 win trade is 60% and we take 2% in a week....... this is by being conservative because my calculation is based the 3 wins with a positive RR 1:1, personally I have at least 1 trade a week where my positive RR is 1:3.

2% a week is about 100% in year....is that too little?
When there is a small account we can risk up to 5% per trade and reduce when the capital increases....

The trick is to build the discipline to do it rightly.

Having more trades does not mean more profit, it means more risk, as soon as we get our foot into the water the sharks will be ready.

What do you do when you swim into infested shark waters? You swim between fat people.

Last edited:
You said that you have a high win ratio. I have not seen any decent proof that you actually do any trading whatsoever.

Point them out to me on your threads!

jees ...........done tooo many times already dude ...................go look through the threads ........I cant be bothered these days to prove myself again and again to all the sad dissers at T2win ...........:sleep:

hang on heres 4 I called a day or so back on a new thread (Forexmospherians got closed) ...........cant be arsed to look further - sorry all......

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/214462-fxcorrelator-forex-trading-view-24.html#post2726750

ok.......lets talk serious again......

lets say we make one trade a day and we close the trade at the end of day, we make 5 trades in a week and we risk 2% per trade.....

3 win trade is 60% and we take 2% in a week....... this is by being conservative because my calculation isbased the 3 wins with a positive RR 1:1, personally I have at least 1 trade a week where my positive RR is 1:3.

2% a week is about 100% in year....is that too little?
when there is a small account we can risk up to 5% per trade and reduce when the capital increases....

The trick is to build the discipline to do it rightly.

having more trades does not mean more profit, it means more risk, as soon as we get our foot into the water the sharks will be ready.

what do you do when you swim into infested shark waters? you swim between fat people.

agreed.............and scalping can multiply the effects of the returns .....

agreed.............and scalping can multiply the effects of the returns .....

Nonsense, if you knew a bit about scalping you would know scalping have less percentage returns compared to short term trading or day trading due to spread and costs.

If you really want to know and learn about scalping and trading it professionally I suggest you read carefully and study bob volman work (70 ticks), he does not shoot from the hips, he carefully wait for the right opportunities. Keep in mind his risk is about 6 pips and his TP is 10 pips and trails his stops until stooped out if TP is not reached.

Al brooks also scalps (5m) but I would not suggest his style with forex, but his bread and butter are short terms and day trading which can be applied to forex.

Last edited:
Nonsense, if you knew a bit about scalping you would know scalping have less percentage returns compared to short term trading or day trading due to spread, costs and smaller RR.

If you really want to know and learn about scalping and trading it professionally I suggest you read carefully and study bob volman work (70 ticks), he does not shoot from the hips, he carefully wait for the right opportunities. Keep in mind his risk is about 6 pips and his TP is 10 pips and trails his stops until stooped out if TP is not reached.

Al brooks also scalps (5m) but I would not suggest his style with forex, but his bread and butter are short terms and day trading which can be applied to forex.

yep - hes pretty good ......always happy to be learning ..;)

jees ...........done tooo many times already dude ...................go look through the threads ........I cant be bothered these days to prove myself again and again to all the sad dissers at T2win ...........:sleep:

hang on heres 4 I called a day or so back on a new thread (Forexmospherians got closed) ...........cant be arsed to look further - sorry all......

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/214462-fxcorrelator-forex-trading-view-24.html#post2726750

You can't be bothered because none exist. I have already been through your threads. Why don't we go over what you have been posting lately? Why bother posting to a journal if you are not going to regularly post your trading activity?